Saturday 6 February 2010

Kids and their chorse


I realize that my son is no longer a baby ( he will always be my baby in my mind), he is growing up to be a fine young boy and as much as I love to do things for him, its time for him to depend on him self. I decided to start a chore chart for him. The chart includes simple tasks such as: Cleaning his room, folding his clothes, making the bed, brushing his teeth, sharing with others, listening to mum and dad and so on. I know that he wont be able to do things perfectly but its just enough for him to build up his confidence. It helps him feel like he is contributing to things round the house. His face lights up when ever he does a chore correctly and gets a nice bright start in front of it. I made a deal with him that when the chart is full of stars he will be getting a surprise so its something for him to look forward to.

It is a great way for children to depend on themselves and I highly recommend you start one.

Here are a few websites that have free printable chore charts, all you have to do is add in the chores depending on the age of your child.
You can also create your own chore chart and turn it in to a fun activity that you can do with your children.

My reward board
Chore Charts
DLTK'S
Behaviour Charts

Images: Reward Board

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails